Thursday, August 25, 2011

Greatest Hits: Championship Edition, Episode 1:

I've decided to start harvesting my old myspace blog for stuff, starting from the oldest up to the point I abandoned that site. Maybe it will help me get motivated to keep this blog updated instead of letting it rust into digital oblivion...

Begin transmission...

Free Flow
Aug 31, 2005

*Just a writing exercise. Don't be alarmed, I haven't gone crazy. Goal is to just write for five minutes without stopping to think about what you're saying. Supposedly it brings out weird stuff, like when they did it in the Sixth Sense.*

So this road is the road to everything I have ever wanted and everything I got and threw away. It twists across the plain like a plane piloted by a very sane person imitating a very unaware mad person. The madness that gets into your soul, then gets out because your brain is where it's at. Where the good things lie and the bad things die deaths of heroes. Endless gravestones of all the things we did and killed to keep them from becoming a part of us when they were already quite attached to our lives as little white liars telling fiery tales of the time we almost were what we almost wanted, but never said. We really almost were, but were not quite the same as we would always be. A person is always who they will be at the same time they refuse to change what they don't ever want to see again. That's the way it goes, or so the smart ones say when their lives are handed to them on big, ugly, platters made of beautiful fool's gold that still sparkles like nobody can tell it isn't real. Maybe it is real and nothing else is, or maybe everything is real and we aren't really here at all, but just dreaming the kind of dream you only have when you are awake and bored.

2 comments:

Michaela said...

Goddamnit, Ben. You are a beautiful soul. You see things no one does.

And of course I knew that when I started working at ICW... Pretty sure my intrigue began when I was delivering mail and saw your Darth Vader head sitting in your cube. You didn't talk much but I knew there was so much more inside that brain of yours and that's why every single morning I would yell loud and obnoxiously, "HEY BEN!!!" until you would talk to me.

Yeah, I'm smooth.

Ben Maniquis said...

I remember that as being the first time I actually spoke to you. You just barged into my cubicle and started messing with the darth vader jar, asking me a bunch of random questions.

I miss you shouting my name at me at regular intervals.